Moments

28 October 2006

Wake me up when September ends

Well I suppose after a very long absence I should actually write something on this blog. Most of you have probably already given up reading it but oh well! So September was a bit of a blur but a good blur!!

First off came the 2006 IPC Athletics World Championships in Assen, the Netherlands. It was a huge event with over 1,000 athletes from all over the world. I was based in the Media Centre and spent most of my time taking photos, doing interviews with loads of athletes and basically helping out the other media who were there. My colleague and good friend Betsy was also on site to co-ordinate the Anti-Doping programme so when we did actually get some time off, we had a blast! Met up with some of the guys from the Australian team (I know, I'm sorry) who were a little crazy but a lot of fun!


Got back to Bonn and the next day, turned around to take a bus to Lausanne with the whole IPC staff. It was a great trip and I have to admit a bit of a dream come true, to sit in on a Games Management session with the President Jacques Rogges and Director Gilbert Feli.

A few days later Betsy and I went down to Munich (with a psyco driver who went at 240km/h the whole way there). We met up with a couple of the guys from the Aussie Paralympic team and headed off for our second Octoberfest!



The first day we all went down to Fussen to the famous Neuschwanstein castle (perhaps better known as the castle from Disney's Cinderella!). It was a wonderful site, stuck there in the middle of nowhere with a view out across Germany. We did a bit of hiking up in the hills around the castle and Betsy and I even ventured up to the highest point. To keep us going, we had a great target - a cross (you can't go wrong following the cross!).


So after that adventure, it was on to Octoberfest Part II.If you haven't made it there yet, please put it on your list of things to do. 12 tents, each the size of a large warehouse and 6 million litres of beer is a site to see! I have to admit that I was pretty proud of myself. We started drinking at 9am, left the tent at 7pm and were still going till 3am in one of Munich's clubs! And you thought I didn't have it in me anymore!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home