Moments

19 June 2006

La Vie Parisienne

Decided that I had enough of Bonn for a bit and since we had a long weekend, I took a last minute trip back to Paris. It brought back a lot of memories for me as it is over a year since I was last there and is still as wonderful as I remember it!

I was staying with a friend of mine from HEC (my old school), Nazimah who is still in Paris working for L'Oreal and has a great place on the outskirts of Paris. My first day, I met up with some German friends of mine who had also decided to come for the weekend (all of us had at some stage lived in Paris). We spent the day eating baguettes in the park, climbing up to Montmartre and sitting in a cafe for hours - doing the tourist thing, but it was a little strange speaking German in Paris and got a little confusing for me who has hardly uttered a word of French in over a year!

After dinner in the Marais, we hit a club in the evening just off the Seine. It was something you expect to see on Sex and the City or something. Everyone looked like they had walked straight out of a magazine! And the drinks were way overpriced (trying to remind myself of the bad side of Paris - it's tough!)

Nest day, visited the American Church in Paris (the sister church of mine here in Bonn) then spent the rest of the day enjoying the sunshine and visiting some of my favourite spots. Met up with another German friend of mine, Daniel who is working there at the mo.

On Monday, brushed up on my tan while everyone was working, hanging out in the Jardin de Luxembourg, catching up on some reading...sometimes life is so good!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home