Football, Football, Football...
Germany has gone mad. There are people dressing up in crazy outfits, running around in the streets, yelling their heads off...something about a football world cup??
But really, it is nuts here. Since the opening game on 9 June, that is all you hear. Everywhere yiou look you see cars and houses and people sporting the German flag and somehow every conversation seems to revert back to football.
It is like a carnival happening everynight of the week. I am only taking a break from it tonight as I am sick (only the flu). I watched the Germany vs. Poland game with some colleagues in the centre of town where they have set up a big screen. We were surrounded by about 2,000 German fans and after Germany scored in the 91st minute, you would have thought they had won the whole competition - I cant imagine what it will be like if they make it to the final...
But anyway, it is lots of fun and a good excuse to hangout and enjoy the sunshine!
And what is football anyway? kind of like rugby but everytime they get hit they fall down and start crying - what's with that??
But really, it is nuts here. Since the opening game on 9 June, that is all you hear. Everywhere yiou look you see cars and houses and people sporting the German flag and somehow every conversation seems to revert back to football.
It is like a carnival happening everynight of the week. I am only taking a break from it tonight as I am sick (only the flu). I watched the Germany vs. Poland game with some colleagues in the centre of town where they have set up a big screen. We were surrounded by about 2,000 German fans and after Germany scored in the 91st minute, you would have thought they had won the whole competition - I cant imagine what it will be like if they make it to the final...
But anyway, it is lots of fun and a good excuse to hangout and enjoy the sunshine!
And what is football anyway? kind of like rugby but everytime they get hit they fall down and start crying - what's with that??


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home