Prague - Paris of Eastern Europe
I found myself recently with a weeks vacation that I had to use asap s o I decided to use the opportuntiy to take a trip to the city of Prague in the Czech Republic. It is a city that everyone I have met has recommended and has been top of my list for a long time.
In 5 days I had an opportunity to really explore the city and all its wonderful sights. I did all the regular tourist stops, the Charles Bridge, the astronomical clock and of course the majestic castle with its beautiful views over the city. I also spent a lot of time just wandering around the streets, poking my nose into shops and the little gardens that you find on almost every block.
One evening I treated myself to a concert by the Prague Chamber Orchestra who did a wonderful performance of several works including Purcel's Cannon in D (one of my favourite pieces of music).
I also rediscovered the joys of travelling by myself as I had a chance to meet several people from my hostel with whom I got to know a little about Czech food (try the cheese) and of course the beer!
In 5 days I had an opportunity to really explore the city and all its wonderful sights. I did all the regular tourist stops, the Charles Bridge, the astronomical clock and of course the majestic castle with its beautiful views over the city. I also spent a lot of time just wandering around the streets, poking my nose into shops and the little gardens that you find on almost every block.
One evening I treated myself to a concert by the Prague Chamber Orchestra who did a wonderful performance of several works including Purcel's Cannon in D (one of my favourite pieces of music).
I also rediscovered the joys of travelling by myself as I had a chance to meet several people from my hostel with whom I got to know a little about Czech food (try the cheese) and of course the beer!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home